thanks for the help guess my name, ill get right on it.
As for the post...sry about that...its my damn free webhoster with such a long url. The post is so distorted the edit button doesn't even show up. AS for the webhost im trying to let a friend letme have some space.
BTW the rocks in the middle of the map are models from teh wasteland file in the all the HL2 models
Thanks. I'll kill the berk who said pngs were the smallest...
ditto, this is pointed at all the new members whom cannot seem to upload fair minded screens.. not you, you fixed yours already.[addsig]
Orph the biggest size out of those pics is 33.4 kb, so they should not take too long...
I also don't quite understand what you're saying - justify what? Posting pics that show where the damage is?
PS. If it sounds like I'm trying to argue / have a go at you I'm not
EDIT: Okay, done. How's that?
dude, i no longer care that they "are" being posted, what i want to know is "why"?
why would anyone even bother? how would someone justify it?
i am not taking this out on you personally, this seems to be some sort of plague phenomenon or something.
it takes about 1.5 seconds to optimize any screenshot with XAT, and depending on bandwidth 5 to 20 seconds to upload. it would take upwards of a full minute to upload a 200-600k screen.
what i wanna know is, why? its already painfully obvious it is happening with frightening frequency.[addsig]
I'm using pngs because someone told me they were small! Hang on, i'll convert them to jpegs instead - sorry Orph
EDIT: Okay, done. How's that?
i gotta ask, cause this is driving me nuts, how the hell can someone possibly create a 2 inch square screenshot and be almost 200 k?
that has GOT to be by DESIGN not accidental.
a screenshot that small couldn't possibly be over 10 or 11k.
can someone whom is not a damned admin please explain this to me????????[addsig]
1. Fix the damn post: I though Snarkpit was having issues when I first saw it.
2. Change the rocks a bit - they look really pointy and ugly
3. Use a displacement for the grassy bit - that also looks ugly!
4. Expand your skybox if you're going to put an RPG in! With skyboxes when a bullet (or rocket) hits it it just dissapears - you know, "gone away into the distance!" But if its too close (and it is) you see a big rocket fly then suddenly dissapears it just looks wrong
5. Theres something dodgy about your cliff ramps - the texture keeps turning black! Have a search through the Snarkpit forums and see if you can find a fix - you might be using a model texture - they cause theese kind of issues
EDIT: The ingame console says this: hit surface has no samples. I do however remember reading that that has something to do with grass sprites.
6. Its insanely hard to get out of the river in the middle, and in the real Battlecreek it wasn't that deep, infact it was fairy shallow, to the point where crouching didn't get you underwater
7. Its a little bright too
8. Use cubemaps at the base doors - the suddenly red, suddenly normal looks a little wierd
9. You might want to change the teleporters a bit
10. Holy crap, holey cliffs!
11. You've got some decal issues here. Also look at the lighting in the top right corner!
12. Another cudemap needed:
1 I like the blood on the walls in the bases!
2 And the floaty blue barrel things in the water
3 The way the shotgun is hidden underwater - for a while I thought you'd added shotgun shells but no shotgun (the shotgun ammo floats by the way)
4 I didn't spot lines in your skybox so that isn't a problem!
And how the hell did you make those rocks? I can't figure out how to make hem diplacements, did you use the triangle method?
please fix your post/reply
use the BBCodes for their intended purpose. [ url=link address] name [/url ]
put the url address in the "link address" spot, and the name between the ]battle_creek[
be sure to NOT include the spaces[addsig]
Great! This is one of my favourite maps in Halo! But, you need to work more on lightning though. By the way, why can't he release a map based on a Halo map? That's why I hate fanboys. (I'm not a Half-Life 2 fanboy)